Learn how to save money, energy and reduce your carbon footprint.
And share your ideas with us by using the hashtag #SLOlution
You will save energy, money and reduce your ecological footprint with these ideas. Some actions presented here are small, some are big. Each action saves at least 500 pounds of carbon a year and some actions will save thousands. The more you do and the more you share these calls to action, the bigger our collective impact can be.
These are actions everyone can do, including renters:
- Support REACH code adoption
- Use green electricity (Enrollment is automatic in SLO)
- Optimize your water heater
- Optimize your heating and cooling
- Optimize your washer and dryer usage
- Reduce or remove unnecessary electrical loads
- Choose induction cook-tops
These are BIG actions that building owners can do (We will publish tips here for you in the future, including new incentive programs coming soon.)
- Install solar panels
- Install heat-pump heating & cooling
- Install a heat-pump hot water system
- Use sustainable building materials
- Install home battery storage
This link is for teachers, passionate advocates, builders and architects:
These links are for everyone!
- Incentive programs for building upgrades
- Inspiring films – “The essential problem…”
- Inspiring films – “We are the last generation…”
About the Author: The above Building #SLOlution series is designed to create news you can use to improve our environment today. Kimberly Carr chose to support this because of her extensive expertise in disaster relief after fire storms. She has witnessed the affects of climate change first hand for the past 4 years. She sees an urgent need and opportunity to make better choices for our future. She currently maintains dual residency between SLO and Paradise, California.
We are listening and value new ideas and feedback.
If you would like to add to the conversation, please use the comment section below. It is recommended to use the topic list offered and offer your comments as they are relevant to the topic to assure it isn’t lost for consideration.
If you have comments about that aren’t about this specific topic, please use our hashtag on social media #SLOlution or send us a direct message.
[…] You Can Be Part of the #SLOLUTIONLearn how to save money, energy and reduce your carbon footprint. Visit https://carbonfreeslo.org/slolution […]