The UK is hosting the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 26) in Glasgow, Scotland – in partnership with Italy.
October 31 – November 12
As individuals in this process, how can we make a difference?
Count Us In has identified 16 practical actions which individuals like you can take to lower your personal carbon footprint, increase your power to influence leaders, and to enhance your ability to involve others.
How can we amplify our voices?
We are strongest when we speak together.
SIGN THIS PETITION
24 Hours of Reality: Let’s Get Real provides useful information and materials.
- Post demands for real change on social media (sample posts and graphics)
- Here’s another PETITION
COP 26 Goals
We need to:
1. achieve global net zero by mid-century and keep 1.5 degrees within reach. We must:
- accelerate the phase-out of fossil fuels
- invest in renewable sources of energy
- switch to electric vehicles
- curtail deforestation
2. adapt to protect communities and natural habitats. We must:
- protect and restore ecosystems
- build defenses, warning systems, and resilient infrastructure to avoid loss of homes, livelihoods, and lives
3. mobilize financing. We must:
- collect the funds promised by developed countries
- unleash the trillions in private and public sector money
Leave a Reply